A former sheet metal worker’s death from lung disease was likely to be a result of exposure to asbestos, a coroner has ruled.
Mr Findlay who was 86, died at Southampton General Hospital on June 10.
The former factory employee had a number of conditions including mesothelioma.
Southampton and New Forest coroner Grahame Short said that the Hamble based factory where Mr Findlay used to work was known to contain asbestos.
He ruled that death was due to industrial disease.
If you have worked in heavy industry and are worried that you may have have an asbestos related illness, please contact us today on Freephone 0800 294 3065 or speak to us on live chat.