Mr Howell was exposed to asbestos whilst he was working as a Branch Manager for Beldam Asbestos.
During the course of his employment he had to cut asbestos rope, carry asbestos based products and sweep up the store room at his place of work.
At no point during his employment was Mr Howell ever provided with any form of breathing equipment to protect him from breathing in asbestos dust nor was he ever warned of the dangers of asbestos.
WE Solicitors commissioned a medical report which confirmed Mr Howell was suffering from a respiratory disability caused by Diffuse Pleural Thickening as a result of his asbestos exposure.
A Occupational Hygienist report was also obtained to comment on the level of exposure Mr Howell had been subjected to.
WE Solicitors were able to negotiate an out of court settlement of £30,000 for Mr Howell, avoiding the need for court proceedings.
Mr Howell commented he was very pleased with the outcome although the process took longer than he had expected. Sara Farnbank of WE Solicitors agreed that sadly these cases do take time to conclude but ‘we are very happy with the result for Mr Howell’.